Woodford Reserve Rye Whiskey Blend

May 30, 2017

Category: Vices

Mention Woodford Reserve to any whiskey fans out there and they’ll immediately think bourbon. And rightly so, the Kentucky-based distillery makes some fantastic bourbon for the budget-conscious yet discerning palate. Now, they’re slated to release a rye. Yes, of course, there’s the Straight Rye that’s readily available. However, this will be a blended rye release, consisting of two different ryes Woodford Reserve has stockpiled in their barrel archives.

Dubbed the Woodford Reserve Blended Rye Distillery Series Whiskey, 69% of the batch is 11-year-old straight rye whiskey from the distillery while the remaining 31% is a separate batch of whiskey distilled from a rye mash bill consisting of 53% rye, 33% corn and 14% malted barley. It’s the first in a series of three releases Woodford plans on making available over the summer months including a Toasted Oak Rye and a specialty barrel-finished option. Official tasting notes categorize the aroma with hints of pears, apples, and graham cracker with a palate full of spicy grain notes along with more sweet fruit.

Learn More Here

HiConsumption is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more

More From Vices

Featured Image

The Macallan Goes on an Exploration of Chocolate with Their Latest Scotch

The collaboration is the first in an experimental series of scotches that explores The Macallan's goal of sustainable packaging.

Posted By

Oct 14, 2021

Featured Image

The Dalmore Debuts an Ultra-Rare 5 Bottle, $275K Single Malt Whisky Set

Honoring the Scottish distillery with an elite release dating back to 1967.

Posted By

Sep 28, 2021

Featured Image

The Macallan Adds to its Desirable Double Cask Line with a $4k 30-Year Single Malt

An exceptional Speyside expression from one of the world's most accomplished distilleries.

Posted By

Sep 23, 2021

Featured Image

Samuel Adams’ 2021 Utopias Beer Is So Strong That It’s Illegal In 15 States

With bottle number one to be auctioned off in support of St. Jude.

Posted By

Sep 21, 2021

Featured Image

Suntory Expands The Sale Of Its Oldest Yamazaki Whisky At $60K Per Bottle

With $5,000 from every sale going towards the benefits of America's forests.

Posted By

Sep 13, 2021

Featured Image

The 15 Best Beers To Drink This Fall 2021

Embrace the time of harvest with one of these superior seasonal sippers.

Posted By

Sep 20, 2021