Location: Los Angeles, CA / Remote
Type: Full Time
The Managing Editor will work directly with the Editor in Chief to establish and maintain editorial vision for the HiConsumption website and social media platforms. You will be responsible for managing a team of in-house staff writers and freelancers to create content for the website across all verticals: Gear, Tech, Automotive, Entertainment, Food & Drink, etc.
You’ll also be responsible for maintaining our editorial calendar, and using Google Analytics to grow site traffic, implementing key findings to help make decisions regarding editorial direction. You will also work with our in-house Account Manager to design/develop custom content ideas and platforms for advertising campaigns.
- Assign/edit stories to a team of Staff Writers and Freelancers across various verticals
- Manage deadlines/schedules for editorial team
- Maintain editorial vision and calendar for HiConsumption website, email, and social media platforms
- Use Google Analytics to grow site traffic, implementing key findings to help make decisions regarding editorial direction.
- Work with Account Manager to design/develop custom content ideas and platforms for advertising campaigns.
- Produce several pieces of original content each week, including product reviews, features and in-depth buyer’s guides
- Create and maintain all editorial budgets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in photography or a related field
- Proficient in entire Adobe Creative Suite
- 3+ years photography experience
- Basic knowledge of lighting/composition, image post processing/clipping and color correction
- Knowledge of file extensions (JPG, PNG, PSD, EPS, TIF, etc)
- Basic understanding of web design/wireframes
- A willingness to work odd hours and put in additional time as the assignment/editorial schedule dictates
- Must meet deadlines and have strong prioritization & time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable receiving constructive criticism
- Loves working in a team environment
- A highly organized, detail-oriented approach to work
- Experience multitasking and tracking several projects simultaneously
- Strong, creative eye for images along with a that will tell the story and visually sell in both a digital/print environment
- Good layout skills and a keen eye for design
- Passion for well-designed, well-built gear
How To Apply:
Please send your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile link to email@example.com with the subject heading: “Managing Editor.” Your email should also include:
- A brief introduction of yourself and why you’re the perfect fit for the role
- Links to writing samples on a topic HiConsumption would cover